1. Vos, T., Barber, RM., Bell, B., Bertozzi-Villa, A., Biryukov, S., Bolliger, I., …Murray, CJ.. (2013). Global, regional, and national incidence, prevalence, and years lived with disability for 301 acute and chronic diseases and injuries in 188 countries, 1990–2013: A systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease study. The Lancet, 386(9995), 743–800.
5. Evans, J., Macrory, I., & Randall, C. (2016). Measuring national well-being: Life in the UK, 2016. ONS. Retrieved from ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/ wellbeing/articles/measuringnationalwellbeing/2016#howgood-is-our-health [Accessed 03/10/16].
7. Fineberg, N., Haddad, P., Carpenter, L., Gannon, B., Sharpe, R., Young, A., ... & Sahakian, B. (2013). The size, burden and cost of disorders of the brain in the UK. Journal of Psychopharmacology, 27(9), 761–770.
8. Stansfeld, S., Clark, C., Bebbington, P., King, M., Jenkins, R., & Hinchliffe, S. (2016). Chapter 2: Common mental disorders. In S. McManus, P. Bebbington, R. Jenkins, & T. Brugha (Eds.), Mental health and wellbeing in England: Adult Psychiatric Morbidity Survey 2014. Leeds: NHS Digital.
9. ONS. (2016). Suicides in the United Kingdom: 2014 Registrations. Retrieved from ons. gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/ birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/ suicidesintheunitedkingdom/2014registrations [Accessed 25/09/16].
10. University of Manchester. (2015). National Confidential Inquiry into Suicide and Homicide by People with Mental Illness: Annual Report 2015: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales July 2015. Manchester: University of Manchester.
11. ONS. (2015). Mortality Statistics: Deaths Registered in England and Wales (Series DR), 2014 Release. Retrieved from webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. uk/20160105160709/http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/vsob1/ mortality-statistics--deaths-registered-in-england-andwales--series-dr-/2014/index.html [Accessed 25/07/16].
12. Hewlett, E., & Horner, K. (2015). Mental Health Analysis Profiles: OECD Working Paper No. 81. Retrieved from oecd.org/officialdocuments/ publicdisplaydocumentpdf/?cote=DELSA/HEA/WD/ HWP(2015)4&docLanguage=En [Accessed 19/01/16].
14. We Need to Talk Coalition. (2014, September). An urgent need: We Need to Talk’s manifesto for better talking therapies for all. Broadway, London: Mind. Retrieved from mind.org.uk/media/1178860/we-need-to-talk-briefingseptember-2014.pdf [Accessed 25/07/16]
16. ESRC. (2016). ESRC Evidence Briefing July 2016. Retrieved from esrc.ac.uk/files/news-events-andpublications/evidence-briefings/wellbeing-and-socialcohesion/ [Accessed 29/07/16].
17. OECD. (2013). Employment Outlook 2013. Retrieved from oecd-ilibrary.org/employment/oecd-employmentoutlook-2013_empl_outlook-2013-en [Accessed 01/08/16].
18. Lelliott, P., Tulloch, S., Boardman, J., Harvey, S., & Henderson, H. (2008). Mental Health and Work. Retrieved from gov. uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/ file/212266/hwwb-mental-health-and-work.pdf [Accessed 25/08/16].
19 ONS. (2014). Full Report: Sickness Absence on the Labour Market, February 2014. Retrieved from webarchive. nationalarchives.gov.uk/20160105160709/http://www.ons. gov.uk/ons/dcp171776_353899.pdf [Accessed 28/07/16]
20. Dewa, C.S., Lin, E., Kooehoorn, M., & Goldner, E. (2007). Association of chronic work stress, psychiatric disorders, and chronic physical conditions with disability among workers. Psychiatric services, 58(5), 652–658.
21. Mind. (2014). We’ve Got Work To Do: Transforming employment and back-to-back support for people with mental health problems. Retrieved from mind.org.uk/ media/1690126/weve_got_work_to_do.pdf [Accessed 05/05/16].
22. Beaumont, J., & Loft, H. (2013). Measuring National Wellbeing: Health, 2013. London: ONS
23. Royal College of General Practitioners. (2014). Management of Depression in Older People: Why this is Important in Primary Care. Retrieved from rcgp.org.uk/ clinical-and-research/a-to-z-clinical-resources/~/media/ Files/CIRC/Mental%20Health%20-%202014/5%20 Older%20People%20and%20depression%20Primary%20 care%20guidance%202014.ashx [Accessed 27/07/16]
24. Andrews, G., Issakidis, C., Sanderson, K., Corry, J., & Lapsley, H. (2004). Utilising survey data to inform public policy: Comparison of the cost-effectiveness of treatment of ten mental disorders. The British Journal of Psychiatry, 184, 526–533. doi:10.1192/bjp.184.6.526.
25. Weare, K. (2012). Evidence for the Impact of Mindfulness on Children and Young People. Exeter: Mindfulness in Schools Project. Retrieved from mindfulnessinschools. org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/MiSP-ResearchSummary-2012.pdf [Accessed 04/11/16].
26. Regan, M., Elliott, I., Goldie, I., Stewart-Brown, S., Gray, C., Hughes, L., … & Steiner, D. (2016). Better Mental Health for All: A Public Health Approach to Mental Health Improvement. London: Faculty of Public Health, & Mental Health Foundation. Retrieved from mentalhealth.org.uk/ sites/default/files/Better%20MH%20for%20all%20web. pdf [Accessed 20/10/16].
27. Sainsbury Centre for Mental Health. (2009). Briefing 40: Removing Barriers. The facts about mental health and employment. Retrieved from ohrn.nhs.uk/resource/policy/ TheFactsaboutMentalHealth.pdf [Accessed 02/07/16].
29. Knapp, M., McDaid, D., & Parsonage, M. (2011). Mental Health Promotion and Mental Illness Prevention: The Economic Case. Retrieved from gov.uk/government/ uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/215626/ dh_126386.pdf [Accessed 02/07/16].
32. CQC. (2015). Right Here, Right Now. Retrieved from cqc.org.uk/sites/default/files/20150630_righthere_ mhcrisiscare_full.pdf [Accessed 17/07/16].
33. CQC. (2015). 2015 Community Mental Health Survey: Statistical Release. Retrieved from gov.uk/government/ uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/469695/ MH15_statistical_release.pdf [Accessed 18/07/16].
34. Mental Health Foundation. (2015). Peer Support. Retrieved from mentalhealth.org.uk/a-to-z/p/peer-support [Accessed 12/07/16].
35. ONS. (2016). UK Labour Market: July 2016. Retrieved from ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/ employmentandemployeetypes/bulletins/uklabourmarket/ july2016 [Accessed 08/09/16].
38. McCorne, P., Dhanasiri, S., Patel, A., Knapp, M., & LawtonSmith, S. (2008). Paying the Price: The cost of mental health care in England to 2006. Retrieved from kingsfund. org.uk/sites/files/kf/Paying-the-Price-the-cost-of-mentalhealth-care-England-2026-McCrone-Dhanasiri-PatelKnapp-Lawton-Smith-Kings-Fund-May-2008_0.pdf [Accessed 02/07/16].
40. Friedli, L., & Parsonage, M. (2009). Promoting Mental Health and Preventing Mental Illness: The economic case for investment in Wales. Retrieved from publicmentalhealth.org/Documents/749/Promoting%20 Mental%20Health%20Report%20(English).pdf [Accessed 02/07/16].
43. The King’s Fund. (2008). Paying the price: The cost of mental health care in England to 2026. Retrieved from kingsfund.org.uk/sites/files/kf/Paying-the-Price-the-costof-mental-health-care-England-2026-McCrone-DhanasiriPatel-Knapp-Lawton-Smith-Kings-Fund-May-2008_0.pdf [Accessed 09/08/16].